Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for the ‘Terrain’ Category

Here is the progress so far of my test house. It is for 28 mm figures. This house is a rather run down and wonky building, like most old houses in for instance Florence. This could work as a part of a bigger villa or as a house where some form of business is taking place. Not sure yet.

After I’ve fixed some details I will prime it white and upload some new images.

SAMSUNG SAMSUNG SAMSUNG

Read Full Post »

I never really get to making molds of all parts of my modular Italian buildings. And, I have only done a couple resin copies of one wall. To get a feel for what I can do with the modular building blocks I just did a few casts and pressings using plaster and clay. Since I don’t have molds of all parts I will scratch build a lot of this trial building. Here it is tacked together. A lot of scratch building remains to get this together. When its done that should be the motivation I need to finnish a few more molds and do some resin casts. Work in progress!

image

Read Full Post »

Now I have added pieces of static grass mat and I have flocked four different blends of static grass as well. I still need to remove some paint stains on parts of the rocks, but otherwise its done.

Read Full Post »

image

Due to popular demand I have moved away from the white marble scheme to a more versatile light grey style. Can still work as marble but also as other rocks. I darkened the rocks by washing them with more green with some yellow mixed in. After that I went over it with some medium grey and lastly some very light grey.

Read Full Post »

image

image

I have started colouring the rocky outcrops of the citadel modular gaming hill. Although the shape might not be right for marble outcrops I have attempted to get the colour in the direction of white marble. There is a hint of green algea/moss in the shadowy parts.

Painted a diluted light grey over the brown base paint. I have just mixed a cheap white acrylic with GW black. I tried to get pretty thin layers of paint on the low points. Thereafter I washed the stones with thinned out GW Foundation Knarloc Green. The follow up was a light grey thin highlight that decreased the green over the highest areas. Lastly I have gone over the highlights with diluted white acrylic.  

Next up, I will attach the tree trunks in which the trees will fit.

Read Full Post »